The horizon always looks untouchable,
as it leans against the sky, the sun and moon
taking turns with their lips, gracing it’s surface.
I’ve wandered for hours, barefoot, finding a way
home- they say home is where the heart lies
and the last time I saw it-it was laying still,
"Let me describe to you my favorite moment of the kiss. It’s the silent, nervous moment before, as lips both lean in centimeters away from touching, breath hot and anxious, it’s the second before you get to taste how their lips feel against yours. It’s the inevitable pleasure of experiencing something sweeter than candy, sending shivers down your spine. It’s nearly a moment paused."
- I love my shoulders/neck/collar bone area
- I stare at men’s lips and imagine how well they use them and how they’d feel against my own
- I dislike driving, especially alone, in the dark, or in any weather but clear
- I love tea, soynuts, and applesauce
- I love necklaces with meaningful…
i love this so much. i’ve had a few instances in which this would have been useful
1. I’m sitting on my porch listening to the rain bounce lightly off the leaves and it feels as though my need for love is a thing of the past.
2. I forgot to rinse the conditioner out of my hair and I’m not at all concerned about how it will look in the morning. There is a strange sort of…
I am not the first person you loved.
You are not the first person I looked at
with a mouthful of forevers. We
have both known loss like the sharp edges
of a knife. We have both lived with lips
more scar tissue than skin. Our love came
unannounced in the middle of the night.
Our love came when we’d given up
on asking love to come. I think
that has to be part
of its miracle.
This is how we heal.
I will kiss you like forgiveness. You
will hold me like I’m hope. Our arms
will bandage and we will press promises
between us like flowers in a book.
I will write sonnets to the salt of sweat
on your skin. I will write novels to the scar
of your nose. I will write a dictionary
of all the words I have used trying
to describe the way it feels to have finally,
finally found you.
And I will not be afraid
of your scars.
I know sometimes
it’s still hard to let me see you
in all your cracked perfection,
but please know:
whether it’s the days you burn
more brilliant than the sun
or the nights you collapse into my lap
your body broken into a thousand questions,
you are the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.
I will love you when you are a still day.
I will love you when you are a hurricane.